Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Hoodies

Mike was reading the Metro, a popular newspaper, the other day and stumbled across a 'Top Ten Offensive Things to do in Public' survey that was done. It had all the usual complaints, but number three really surprised us. How in the world could hoodies ever be offensive! I love the comfort of hoodies, and was kinda bummed that my wearing them out could be seen as offensive to a vast number of people. I haven't worn them frequently out in public yet because my favorite is a bright green one and that is the main color of one of the football clubs here. In most places they will not let you in with football colors and I didn't want to be denied access to anywhere. Also, if I was on the wrong side of town with these colors on, I could face bodily harm. I don't know the city well enough to risk this either. I went into work and asked the ladies there about the hoodies. Apparently all the hooligans wear them. Because of this it is seen as a sign of aggression or of being in a gang. But tell me, how could a pink hoodie ever be seen as a sign of aggression!?

3 comments:

the quists said...

That is so weird! I would be bummed too, those are my favorite things to wear too.

Anonymous said...

I fear the day RJ figures out that my favorite hoodie, the one with WTF? on the front, doesn't actually stand for "Where's The Food?"

I agree, hoodies don't make me feel intimidated. Especially seeing them on someone who stands 3' 5in on her tip-toes! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, what happened to the one blog a day for a month??? I think you must have gotten very busy! I love hoodies and I agree with Steve...how could you intimidate anyone sweetie. Just look at that cute face and the tip of the head. And I highly doubt that pink is any gangs color!! Aunt Sue