Thursday, May 10, 2007

Ranting

So, now that Mike is (finally) done with classes this year, I get the computer back. Not for anything truly exciting though... I get to apply (or try to) for jobs. Not that there are tons of them out there in Michigan for Spanish Teachers. Nor just Earth Science teachers. Everyone wants Earth Science AND Math. The degrees don't come together people. It's irritating.
To top it all off, more and more school systems are reverting to online applications. Now I love the online application DATABASES. You put your application on the system, upload all important documents, and they easily apply for job postings with the click of a button. Its so easy, especially for someone looking for a job in Michigan and who is living on the other side of the globe. What irritated me is the schools that all have their own separate online applications. I have filled out who knows how many by now, and of course they all have different freaking questions for you to answer. Wouldn't want to make it simple for anyone. You have to fill out everything that is on your resume into these stupid - and required - fields only to get to the end and have the option to upload my resume, transcripts, etc. Wouldn't it be easier to just let us upload the documents and save the hassle??

On another note. All the Rome pictures are finally uploaded onto Flickr.

2 comments:

Becky K said...

Good luck with your job search, and if it makes you feel any better, hospital applications online are the same!

Anonymous said...

Hey kiddo,I know Wayland has a bunch of teachers retiring. Not sure if you are interested in coming down this way. Allegan County has quite a few teacher opening (this way the information that was shared at the last MEA President's Council Meeting). I know you can check out our district's openings by going to www.wayland.k12.mi.us
I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
My email isn't working...so this is the only way I could think of letting you know. Aunt Sue